PINTU'S PERFECT CHAI
Pintu sent us his recipe for this excellent and authentic Indian chai. Here's how to make it.
- Add one cup of water and two teaspoons of your favorite black tea to a small pot.
- Let it come to a complete boil.
- Add a few slices of ginger, (leaving the skin on is just fine)
- Add one-third cup of milk.
- Bring to a boil again and your chai is ready for whatever else you’d like to add.
Here are a few options:
Cardamom - Smash a whole pod with a rolling pin or use the back of a knife to open the pod up a bit.
Cinnamon - Either add a few dashes of ground cinnamon or simply drop in a cinnamon stick.
Sugar – Add your sugar to taste. And when you’re done adding sugar, always remember...
Posted with permission from Dassima. Thank you!